Not Just Running - Targeted Training.
Don't Train Harder - Train Smarter.
What I Do
- Design individualized training programs to help you reach your goals.
- Closely monitor your progress via my custom designed training log and personal communication.
- Adjust your workouts to maximize your training's effectiveness.
- Focus on the types, intensity, and volume of work that will optimize your talent.
- 25 years as a running coach, including head coaching positions at major universities.
- 12 years formally instructing other coaches for USA Track and Field, the sport's governing body.
- Coached athletes ranging from Olympians to recreational runners.
- Demonstrated expertise at all distances - my athletes have reached the top at all distances from sprints to ultra marathons.
Why It Works
Most runners don't get close to their potential because they don't train properly.
Many run at the same intensity or pace all of the time, which is neither hard enough to create a training effect or easy enough to allow for proper recovery.
Other runners follow group programs that are not personally designed for them and frequently get injured because they follow instructions to run at paces based on a model or "typical" runner, or because they are trying to achieve arbitrary training goals. Most runners get injured because they run too fast too soon (2 Fast 2 Soon).
Precisely and correctly targeting the pace of harder workouts can minimize this risk. Assigning the right types of work for each individual and the event they are aiming for can also maximize training effectiveness, maximizing the cost/benefit ratio. Each workout's pace and intensity is intentionally designed for you to get the maximum benefit with the minimum risk of injury.
USATF Coaches Registry Approved Coach
View Approved Coaches Registry